Sunday, August 8, 2010

Our ELISABETH


This girly here is FOUR today and I just cannot quite believe it! We are all so grateful she came to join our family, what a HUGE blessing she has been and will always continue to be. She is loving, has a tender spirit, and I have already seen that she has many gifts that make her especially kind and charitable. We really are so lucky to have her and I feel completely honored to be her mother.

I am so grateful for God's complete wisdom in her timing as she came to join our family, His mercy and power in her birth, and His knowing exactly what I needed to learn (and am still learning) as a mother to this precious, sweet girl. When I look back on the beginning I wish I could have handled it all better and trusted Him a lot more...the beginning was one of the most challenging times of my life (and hers, I'm sure), but I truly wouldn't trade what I gained from those days and nights and minutes that were so difficult. From it I gained more patience (although, I am still working on that), a tremendous closeness to her, and an increased gratitude for the chance to be a mother to my children. My testimony grew tremendously as I saw He was the only one who could bring me peace and daily reassurance to just keep going. I have a solid and sure knowledge that He is aware of us, even during trying times and He knows what we need in order to grow and progress. He knows us intimately and loves us perfectly. I am so grateful He is in charge and that He blessed us with Elisabeth, she is exactly what we needed! I have gone back to these lessons I learned then, many times, but in the last six months this knowledge has brought me much needed comfort and I have been able to see again that Heavenly Father knows best...even if we may doubt our abilities at times, He sees very clearly what we need and blesses us accordingly, sometimes we just have to accept His will and TRUST.

Everything this girly says is CUTE, we all so enjoy listening to her, there are about five letter sounds she cannot pronounce and we all just find it completely adorable. My personal favorite she says a lot is..."I can't beweve it!" She starts preschool next month and she is so proud that it is her turn. She especially loves her big sister, Annie and I am so grateful they play so well together...it's so fun to see their relationship and the memories they are making everyday. Her favorite movie is Pocahontas and she wants to be an Indian princess for Halloween this year. Her favorite color is pink. She took swim lessons this summer and did great, although she is very cautious. She loves chocolate ice cream, just like her Daddy, they share some almost daily. She is both graceful and hilarious when she dances...she does this ballet move and twirl and everyone says, "aww how cute" then she switches into this crazy shake and throws out her hips and shakes her bum and no one can help laughing. She dances in stores and loves to get down at home. When people ask her what her name is...she does the cutest little shrug off to one side and says, "Ewisabeth", it is so endearing. She is so excited about this baby coming and tells anyone and everyone, "My mommy's having a baby!" She wants a baby "hister" and wants her name to be "Harlot" (translation:Charlotte). She can push around a stroller for hours and takes care of her baby dolls and stuffed animals like a little pro. She can also be found reading books out loud on her bed, which I just love to see. She loves, loves, loves to be chased by her brothers and sister, by anyone really, but also takes it very seriously and gets really scared every time without fail and then she will call it off. I'm sure I'm leaving out tons of things about her that I love right now...but there's a decent list of what she's up to these days.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET GIRL, We love you!!!

3 comments:

Merrill Family said...

I wuv her! I think if you have a baby girl I will call her Harlot no matter what you name her, I love it. I may be selfish but you had to have one baby born in AZ. Glad everything worked out so well, she is a doll and it's hard to believe she is 4!

Catherine said...

Happy birthday Elisabeth! Thank you for sharing all of this, Jenna. You are such an amazing mom, and your strivings to improve as a mother inspire me to do the same. I hope your pregnancy is going well! I'm so excited for you!

granny2annie said...

We can't believe she is four already... Her grandparents on both sides adore her and we are all so glad she came to our families. Elisabeth is the sweetest little girl and she always brings warmth to our hearts as we spend time with her. We save her messages for months and months on our answering machine and listen to them just to feel closer to her. We are truly blessed and thankful for her each and every day. Heavenly Father has sent us all a REAL angel from above. We love you Ewisabeth!