Friday, July 9, 2010

Our family's EXCITING news!

Most of you know, BUT in case you haven't heard yet...we are expecting a new baby in November. If you didn't know yet, don't feel too out of the loop, we didn't even tell the kids or our extended family until I was about 18 weeks along. I miscarried once, when I was 14 weeks along and so we always wait until we're past that, because of that past experience. Andy and I found out before Easter and decided we'd let this blessing "sink in" for awhile before we spread the word, besides, it's shorter for everyone else to find out 20 weeks in. I'm 21 weeks now and feeling good, just a bit more tired than usual. The kids are thrilled and all came to the ultrasound with us, although the girls were a bit disappointed, they were expecting to see their new sibling in a clearer picture...Elisabeth kept saying the baby looked like a dinosaur, ha! We decided this time to wait and be surprised by this tie-breaker (boy/girl) in the hospital...which will be fun, although we have taken some heat for that decision...some family is even convinced we know and just aren't telling, but I promise...we don't know!!! I made Andy lock eyes with me for that part. Here are some pics, if you're interested. We are so grateful for this sweet addition to our family!



Our doctor said our baby is so curled up in the fetal position, it would have taken some careful investigation to find out whether it's a boy or girl anyway. I'm sure this baby is just preparing for the two little mommies who cannot wait to meet him/her and examine/poke every tiny, precious part.

22 comments:

Your favorite sister said...

Oh Jenna Congratulations! How wonderful for your family. Glad to hear you are feeling good.

Adriann said...

Yay what cute little pictures! I'm sure HE will be the cutest and best baby of them all =). (that's just positive thinking for you) Keep up the good work baby growing!

LeAnn said...

Congratulations! I can't believe you were able to keep it a secret for so long. I was so anxious for my first ultrasound to determine the due date because I couldn't keep my already growing belly a secret much longer. At the end of 8 weeks people were starting to wonder (didn't help that I was wearing a swimsuit--lol)

The kids and I are coming to Utah in a few weeks. I'm thinking I need to make a trip to Southern Utah to catch all my favorite peoples down there and then a trip up to Logan to catch some of my other favorite peoples. I'm at the mercy of our parents for transportation so I'll have to see how much sweet talking will be required.

Heather said...

Wow! I did not see that one coming. Congrats to the whole family--can't wait to hear if it's a little boy or girl!

Janice said...

so excited for you guys!

Mikelle said...

Congratulations, that is so exciting!! I am just jealous you are due before me!! How great for your family!!

The Barton Family said...

YAY!! How exciting for you guys. I can't wait to see what it is. I can't believe you kept a secret that long!

Becky said...

Congratulations Jenna! You are such an awesome mom! We miss you guys.

Catherine said...

Oh Jenna, congratulations!!! What wonderful news! I'm glad you are feeling well, and hope it stays that way. How fun to wait and see, and what a lucky little guy/girl to be coming to your family!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tori said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so excited for you guys! ^_^

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dave and Marie said...

Yeah!!! Oh I know I'm so late on the posting game but!!! Congrats!!! I love knowing people are pregnant while I am. I'm so happy for you and I'm so happy that you are now over 23 weeks!!! Hip Hip Hooray!!! Oh... I just know he/she will be another wonderful addition to your wonderful amazing family!! They couldn't help it... you're their mom!

Pattersons said...

woohooo!!! congrats you guys:)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Casey said...

I just want to tell you how inspiring you guys are. Andrew will be going to medical school in 2 years and we want to have a big family. Whenever I talk to him about how I know we can do it, I always use your family as an example...I hope that's okay? I just look up to you so much. Thank you for not letting circumstances hold you back. :)

建邱勳 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
淑蕙春蕙春芬 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.