Wednesday, March 11, 2009

It's OFFICIAL, as of last Friday...


It was a huge RELIEF when the FOR SALE sign was finally up in our yard...and for the first time, it really hit me that we are MOVING! We have been working so hard to get our home ready, it has been so CRAZY here. Andy is on the worst schedule none to MAN (okay, well worst for his profession) right now, so he took care of the bigger fixes on the weekends he had off, but I have had to take care of almost all of the repainting...four kids, five years in a house...you know every room/hallway/ door/baseboard/ stairway/porch had some, if not all painting involved. We also minimized our stuff by going through everything and packing up what we could live without for a while and giving a lot away. The boxes are in storage and it has helped me feel like we've done a bit to prepare for the packing phase. I have felt like an awful mother, wife, and friend the last month and a half, focusing so much on the long list of "TO DO'S" everyday, and doing a very lousy job with the PEOPLE in my life...my kids have been very helpful and understanding, especially the boys! My sincerest apologies if I have seemed completely self-absorbed and a thank you to so many who let me vent or helped out with the girls. Right now, keeping it clean feels like a cinch...although no one really lives like this...it's impossible to keep a house spotless and I've determined to just do the best I can. The good news: there has been a fair amount of interest so far and in this market we feel very blessed.

7 comments:

allyn said...

i think i saw you almost everyday last month. i did not feel jaded. the house looks beautiful! i hope you can keep your sanity through this.

The Barton Family said...

Ha I beat Heidi!!! Selling a house is the worst! I didn't enjoy that experience AT ALL! One thing that worked for me was to keep a lot of quick cleaning stuff around, like a clorox mop, clorox wipes and windex wipes, so that I could spot mop and wipe up really fast when I didn't have much time. Also, I found the dryer works well to hide things you don't have time to put away. (I hope my mom doesn't read this- that last comment would make her die!) Anyway, hang in there, hopefully it will sell fast and closing will be smooth.

Adriann said...

I'm so glad you got all those To-Dos done. We've been worried about you! There is something so sad about knowing your family is stressed out and you can't just swoop in and help them. That's awesome that the house is on the market and that you've already gotten interest. Yay! And don't worry about keeping it spotless. Keep in clean, and then when you get the call saying "can they see it in a half hour" you run around like crazy throwing things under beds, putting dirty dishes in the oven, sweeping dirt under the rug, spraying copious amounts of air freshener etc, and then treat yourself to ice cream in the park with your kids while people look at your house. Just remember to take the dirty dishes out of the oven before you go to cook dinner =).

Brooke said...

I think you'll have no problem selling your house--it is for sure in the top ten list of "very cutest houses in Norfolk". If I didn't already own a house, I'd buy it!

Becky said...

Jenna, I'll bet your home will sell so quickly. I love it!! Knowing you and Andy, you've probably done so much to it to make it even cuter than it was 5 years ago when I last saw it. Can you believe 5 years have gone by? We are still planning a trip to Southern California in October. Still planning to come see you in St. george!

Adriann said...

Just heard your news and am so happy for you! Hopefully that will make the move that much less stressful =). Good luck!

Dave and Marie said...

I think this sounds silly, but I just found your page and Like always you are such an Inspiration to me!! How do you do it? Your kids are amazing, you are so kind and accomplished and your home feels like a home. Thanks for letting me be inspired and feel like maybe I can do it too. Good luck with the move and Congrats to all the great things to come.