Thursday, June 18, 2009

Worth waiting for...

So...we are having a heck of a time getting anyone to rent to us month to month (not that I can blame them) while we wait on either one of these:




These are the two houses we have offers on, they are both Short Sales, we were not looking for a short sale or forclosure to buy, these just happened to be our favorites after looking for three straight days...they are both DEFINITELY worth waiting for, I just never thought it would be so tough to find something temporary. We have six days before the moving truck heads off towards what is currently, a very general location. Another option to rent fell through last night and that is honestly, the first feeling of panic I've had yet, which was followed by a simple, but profound feeling of reassurance that everything will work out. I am still amazed at how blessed we are to have sold our house here, and cannot complain, even a little, if there are a few bumps in the road along the way. I mean, maybe neither one of these houses will even go through, if that is the case, I'm sure there is a reason! I have felt an overwhelming peace since March and cannot deny a way will be provided. When I look back on the last nine years...I am so grateful for the way things have worked out. I have learned WELL that we may not always get what we want, but then again, we do not always know what is BEST...I will trust in that and I can WAIT for that!

8 comments:

jaesi said...

WOW! they are both beautiful!!!!!

The first one looks like its in the springs? am i right?
Where is the second one at?

Where will you be until you find out if you get one?
When does Andy start his job?
IM SO EXCITED!
We will probably be there the month of September...I cant wait to see your St George life!

Jenna said...

Jaesi,
Thanks!
First one is in Stone Cliff, awesome deal!
Second one is in Bloomington, and we are a bit more excited about.
Trying to find a rental in the meantime, I don't know where yet.
Andy starts his job July 13th or sooner if he wants.
I will for sure see you when you come to visit, I was totally bummed it didn't happen last time!
Miss you!!!

jaesi said...

I have several relatives that live up on Stone Cliff! (including my most favorite Aunt)

You'd love it up there! Except for the dang private gate thing.
But bloomington would be wonderful too.

Good luck with everything....if your coming by way of I-80 then stop off and eat some corn with me ;)

LeAnn said...

Jenna, did you ever contact my friend Rachel? They just moved and their old house might be sitting empty still. I can't speak for them but I'm sure they'd be willing to rent to you on a month to month basis (any money would help with two mortgages). I know it's small (especially compared to what you're waiting for) but for temporary it could work. Let me know if you want me to talk to her....

Becky said...

Wow Jenna! They're both beautiful. Both so different. The 2nd one totally reminds me of Virginia.
Best of luck with all of the unknowns. I'm not looking forward to that, but like you said, with a little faith and determination, it will all work out for the best.

The Barton Family said...

Not going to lie- they look awesome- I am a little jealous!! I can't believe you guys get to live in St George! I love it down there, it is one of the few places in Utah I would live. We are still sad we missed seeing you guys. We are crossing our fingers things work out.

Cre8tive Granny said...

Isn't it just so wonderful how things work out for the best when we trust in the Lord? We cannot always see what's ahead or why things don't seem to go our way, but our Heavenly Father is mindful of us and our true needs. I know everything will work out just fine. Your family has sacrificed much and it will be so nice to have more time together! So whatever home you get will hold everyone and become a new place for lots of fun and many,many great memories. Hope Andy loves his new job.

Brooke said...

Any news on either of the houses yet? Which one of them is the one you are renting?