Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The LONG and the SHORT...

"THE SHORT" of it all:
Miss you all tons. This summer...boys finished school June 16, went to Busch Gardens to celebrate with friends. Lots of family came out to help with our move. My Mom and Dad took us all to Great Wolf Lodge one more time, ton of fun. Andy graduated from residency, WOOHOO! Nathan was baptized, wonderful. Alec, turned 10, can't believe it. We, packed up a great number of boxes, family to the rescue. June 23, a giant moving truck came, took stuff, emptied our sweet little house, SAD. Said goodbye to our amazing friends in Norfolk, VERY SAD. Two girlies flew off to AZ with wonderful grandparents and waited, while two boys and their fine parents drove across the great USA. First, VA, beautiful and green, kept thinking how grateful I was to have spent 9 years there and how it will always be home to me. Next day, West Virginia, mountain mommaahh...... (John Denver, oh yeah) gorgeous, why is it more people don't live there? Kentucky, I drove, Andy slept, boys watched many, old school episodes of Cosby show, funny. Realtor calls, owners of the red brick house we have an offer on, want to know if we want to rent it until the bank makes a decision...ummmm, YES! Then, we drove through a corner of Indiana and a section of Illinois, Nathan quizzed us all on Abe Lincoln. Then through Missouri and St. Louis, saw the arch, cool. Next morning, went to Liberty Jail, Mormon Tabernacle Choir was there, neat. Drove through Kansas, incredibly peaceful with nothing around and amazing blue skies. Then, through Denver, my favorite part of the drive by far, I have really missed these things they have out west called, mountains! The next day, made it to good, old S.G. June 29, girlies arrived with my mom and grandma, great to have them back. July 1, moving truck arrived, more and more boxes. July 3, trip to San Diego, to see Andy's parents for 4th of July, now we can say, we've been from sea to shining sea! We love being close to family...visits in July from my brother, Andy's grandparents, my grandma, Andy's mom and sister, my sister and niece came for the Lady Antebellum concert, it's been great. Andy started his new job July 13, he's doing great and gets home between 5-6 everyday, we're loving it. We just got back from a wonderful fam reunion last week up in Idaho, near Yellowstone, with Andy's extended family, very fun. Tomorrow, I am headed to AZ to see my family and then the boys start school August 13, CRAZY! Possibly the best news of the summer...Elisabeth is potty trained and it only took about a week and a half, Halelujah! That's the jist of it, did I say this would be short?

"THE LONG" of it all:
I'll be posting some more in the next few days with pictures. We've been very busy having fun and I have a lot of catching up to do. I promise it won't be too long.

9 comments:

Anna said...

So nice to hear an update from you. You're going to need a nice long break this fall! Post some photos of your new house when you can..... :)

LeAnn said...

Yay! It's great to hear whirlwind update from your busy lives!!! I'm so glad that things are going well. We miss you, though!

Shawn and Mish said...

Glad you are doing great. Miss you tons!!!

Catherine said...

Wow, you have done so much in such a short time. We miss you! I can't wait for the LONG updates!

Becky said...

So excited for you all. I'm glad you made it.

Merrill Family said...

Loved it! You wrapped it all up well. Great to see your home and your new town and LOVED seeing you today. Might be able to do it more often! Love you sis :)

Heather said...

Glad you guys finally have the time to have so much fun as a family! Do you feel like your finally enjoying some of the benefits of the hard work over the last 5 years?

Shumaker said...

I am glad everything is going so well for you guys. We miss you all so much. bethannie is already planning a trip to come see you all next summer. I do not know if we will really be able to do it but she is all about it. I can not believe the kids start school in just a few days.

Cre8tive Granny said...

Wow! Good thing you guys are still young enough "do it all", 'cause I think you came close this summer... It was so wonderful to spend time with all of you! Sooooo glad Andy is settled into his new job, he's been on an amazingly difficult journey and it's so nice to see him relaxed and know that he can finally have a life. He is such a good man!!! Your brief description was so well done that I found myself laughing all the way through. Maybe you should put it to music like the Mom Song... (William Tell overture) Loved having all the kids in the pool and going to watch them at Extreme Play. Just having you visit means so much to me. Thanks for driving all day to come. Soon you can come just 4 hours to Flagstaff! love ya all with all our hearts...