Thursday, September 10, 2009

New Callings, never can tell what you're gonna get!

I was sincerely and honestly ready to accept anything I was asked to do. I had substituted in Primary twice and there were two openings that I knew needed to be filled...then, I got "the telephone call" and I was just positive my time had come...primary teacher. Now, let me just clarify, I am intimidated by primary...okay, so I am afraid. I have never served in the primary, well alright, I just remembered Andy and I had the short six-month nursery assignment in our BYU married ward. From the time we moved to VA, I had always served in YW...love, love, love Young Women's! Every time I had a chance to sub in primary, it was like I had to give myself this pep talk, "I am an adult, I can control a small class of smal children, really it will be okay." I have so many friends who are just awesome in Primary and I am so grateful for the amazing job they all do, my children love primary! Okay, so enough rambling...I left the bishopric's office, just beaming...I seriously got my dream calling and I was not expecting it at all...BEEHIVE advisor. Apparantly, I still have a lot to learn in YW and I couldn't be more thrilled!

12 comments:

The Barton Family said...

LUcky Lucky Beehives! I am excited for you! Have you seen all the cute Loft sweaters? So cute- I got 4!! I thought of you!

Grace said...

Awesome for you!! I just got Enrichment Counselor in the dreaded Relief Society. This will be an interesting ride. I don't know how well I will get along with the Relief Society President, but hey, she picked me right? I'm hoping for he best.

jaesi said...

SWEET! Who couldnt love a beehive.
Except I think they need their name changed...(confusing) to outsiders :)

See you soon!

LeAnn said...

Yay! Congratulations!!!

Heather said...

Cool! Young Women's is always the calling I have wished for--which is probably why I have never had the chance to serve there yet. It's always fun to get a calling you are immediately excited for! Have fun!

Adriann said...

You would be an AMAZING primary teacher! Eventually you will get that calling and you'll realize there was nothing to be scared about =). But I'm very happy for you that you got your dream calling. Awesome!

Merrill Family said...

Yes a group of 12 and 13 year old girls is really fun once or twice a week for an hour or so at a time. You may change your mind after Annie and Elisabeth get to that age :) Enjoy your calling. Brenna would LOVE to be in your ward.

Valerie said...

Those are some lucky beehives! I definitely think you belong there. You definitely had an impact on me!

Shawn and Mish said...

That's great. I wish you were my beehive advisor!

Janice said...

I just got called into YW too! I'm WAY excited! Enjoy your calling, I'm sure you'll have a blast!

Unknown said...

you kill me! i would love a primary calling over YW any day of the week:)

-heidi

Cre8tive Granny said...

Jen, you're gonna be so great at this! I am happy for you. Beehives have always been my favorites... they are sweet and excited to have a social life. I know you'll be fabulous at it. love,MOM