Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Nathan: the Dictionary

Yesterday, on the way back from Nathan's basketball game, I found myself laughing out loud...Annie was singing at the top of her lungs, John Mayer's song "Say", over and over. After about three minutes straight of singing, Nathan said,

"Annie" (very sternly, enough so she was quiet and listening to him)
"You singing that song is BOTHERING me."
"Which means you are irritating me."
"Which means you are annoying me."
"Which means you are aggravating me."
"Which means you are frustrating me."
"Which means I am getting angry."
"Which means I am now mad."
"OK?"

Alec and I just laughed and laughed!
And then, of course, she started singing it again...
because she understood Nathan completely, he explained the concept well...
and now she was just pushing buttons!

6 comments:

Grace said...

That is fantastic!! Go Nathan for the awesome use of your words, and go Annie for bugging your brother!

Merrill Family said...

Now where would she get the button pushing trait, Hmmmm. Nathan I'm sorry your mom was so obnoxious to her siblings and now you have a mini Jenna in your sister Annie. If you lived with me your sister Brenna would be perfect cause her mother was/is perfect :)

Cre8tive Granny said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pattersons said...

love it! way to go nathan...and annie:)

The Barton Family said...

That is what Sisters are for. Lucky him he has two! We put your picture up on our board and we love seeing you guys all time! We love you guys too and have so many great memories with your cute little family, we look forward to when we can catch up! (over pizza at the Pizza Factory) I think I might have told you this before, but Bryce thinks Elizabeth is sooooo cute! I do too! They all are, but I love her chubby cheeks and big eyes!

Aaron and Erika said...

I totally shared this with my students. A situation came up in which I was teaching why a longer essay is not necessarily a better essay. This popped into my mind and the students loved it! Thanks for helping me teach a principle in class. Tell Nathan he's the best and that he gets that from his Grandpa Mooney.