Saturday, August 15, 2009

Part 1: The LONG of it...saying goodbye to VA!

Our last week before we moved was bitter-sweet...it seemed packed full of farewells and by adding as many VA memories as we could! This post is WAY long, so you don't have to read it...it's for our family's record more than anything else!

The girls and I met up for lunch at Panera with the sweet women I have served with in YW for the last seven years, I will miss them all very much!

On, Sunday, June 14th, some very thoughtful friends of ours organized a farewell get together for our family. This sweet friend, Helena, was so generous to host it in her lovely backyard. The weather was just beautiful that evening and we had so much fun visiting with many that we love, there are so many people in Norfolk that we will NEVER forget! Our family's opportunity to have nine years in Norfolk, will always be one of our greatest blessings!

Amazing women...

Holly and I.

Jonah, Nathan, and Marshall.

Michael, Heidi, and Harley.

Nathan took these...

We even got to visit with a lot of our friends from the 1st ward, it is crazy how just splitting the ward made it harder to see people.

Gotta love Nathan's talent for photography...

All the kiddos had fun too...




Thanks so much we'll never forget that evening!!!

On June 15th, I got together for brunch with these six gals! These are the dear friends I saw everyday, when we picked up our kids from elementary school. They have, every one of them, become some of my favorite women and I admire each one of them very much. It was so refreshing to be able to visit with them everyday and it helped us all stay SANE!!! Miss you guys so much!

These are all of our kids combined, 19 in this picture + 5 that weren't + 1 on its way! Needless to say, all the kids are friends too!

7 comments:

jaesi said...

ahhhh. I bet you miss VA so bad.
That was your life for 8 years!

**I miss it...and I was supposed to hate it there**

Well, I miss the people, good people that is.

LeAnn said...

Oh, sweet memories! Our ward just isn't the same without you. :(

Kirsten is going to soon have an Esophagogastroduodenoscopy. Is that was Andy has done or been a part of? We're going to Utah this week and then when we return we'll schedule it. I'm trying not to think about it or stress, but still, it will require light anesthesia. :(

LeAnn said...

P.S. I should also say, "wanna come to Manti this coming Sunday or Monday or Tuesday?" :D he he he

Wilde said...

Jenna,

Hi, I sent you an email on Monday, but if you're like me you may not check all that often. We are in St. George and would love to see you guys. We will be here through Thursday night. Wednesday probably won't work, but we are free all Thursday. I understand if you are super busy, but we would love to see you. My cell is 801-226-1131. Your pictures made me miss all our friends in Norfolk.

Emily Wilde

Wilde said...

Oh, I forgot to mention the dates, in case you don't check your blog that often either. It is August 17-21.

The Barton Family said...

Jenna, looks like you guys had fun your last little while there. It is so hard to say good bye to people that love you like family and you love them like that too!! I hope you guys are settleing into SG and seeing Andy more. I have to agree SG does need a Loft,but they do have a Pizza Factory so as far as I am concerned they don't need any other restaurants. My blouse by the way was AT Loft and my skirt was too, I bought it with you!! It is still my fav skirt and shopping there is one of my fav memories of you. Did you guys end up getting into a house? Bryce's dad keeps telling us what a mess housing is down there and how people are getting homes for so cheap. I hope you guys got in on that deal

Shumaker said...

Jenna,
We miss you guys so much. bethannie is still very determined we are coming to Utah to come see you guys next summer. She tells Mackenzie she will gt to see Annie and Elizabeth. It is very funny. I am sad that we were not there for your final goodbye but I think it would of made me cry more. We have had an eventful summer and I am ready for school to start soon. The kids are all ready to. I am trying to find some people who want to do joy school. But other then that we are all just trying to enjoy the last of our summer. Miss you tons